The best body scrubs are like the decadent dessert of the skin-care world. While they shouldn’t replace your go-to body wash, you might be missing out on some serious benefits in your skin-care routine. Not only do physical body exfoliators feel — and often smell — like an indulgent treat, but they’re also a vital part of taking care of your skin, New York City-based board-certified dermatologist Howard Sobel, MD, previously told Allure. Scrubs “rid the skin of buildup and dead skin cells, leaving your skin looking brighter, smoother, and healthier,” he says. Just apply it in circular motions and you’re set.
Our Top Picks:
- Best Overall: Nécessaire The Body Exfoliator, $30
- Best Drugstore: Tree Hut Ocean Glow Shea Sugar Scrub, $11
- Best Luxury: Osea Salts of the Earth Body Scrub, $48
- Best Chemical Exfoliant: Peach & Lily KP Bump Boss Microderm Body Scrub, $29
- Best Physical Exfoliant: Dove Exfoliating Body Polish Crushed Macadamia & Rice Milk, $7
- Best for Sensitive Skin: Aveeno Tone + Texture Renewing Fragrance-Free Body Scrub, $8
- Best for Dull Skin: Bloomeffects Royal Tulip Petal Polish, $49
The only catch? It’s key to figure out the frequency that works best for your skin — and don’t go overboard. Board-certified dermatologist Loretta Ciraldo, MD, told Allure that she advises patients to exfoliate regularly, anywhere “from once a week for everyone to once or twice a day if you have issues such as acne, rough elbows, and dry skin.” You’ll also want to follow up with a rich body lotion or cream to seal in moisture post-exfoliation.
Keep scrolling to check out 15 of the best body scrubs — which include past and present Best of Beauty Award and Readers’ Choice Award winners — to add to your tub (or shower) time, and wave goodbye to dull skin.
All products featured on Allure are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.