The best bath towels can make or break a relaxing bathroom experience. With the wrong one, your skin can feel dried out and scratchy after even the sudsiest shower. But the right fluffy bath sheet can leave your skin feeling revitalized and soft, and freshly shampooed hair shiny and bouncy as if you just got a professional blowout. And that’s not even mentioning the transcendent effect of wrapping yourself up in the plush comfort of a vast, fluffy bath towel — it’s enough to transport you to the most luxurious of five-star hotels in the blink of an eye.
We’ve written before about how a super-soft microfiber towel is ideal for your hair because the gentle, low-friction material is able to efficiently wick away moisture without roughing up the cuticle. (Note: Just make sure you’re blotting your hair instead of rubbing it, as the latter can cause damaging breakage and split ends.) And when it comes to skin care, Joshua Zeichner, MD, the director of cosmetic and clinical research in dermatology at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, says that soft fibers like cotton are great for reducing harmful friction on the skin.
So, whether you’re looking for a new set of high-quality, Egyptian cotton towels, quick-drying towels with a sumptuous waffle weave to recreate a spa-like setting right at home, or you want to try your hand at a bathleisure look, we’ve rounded up our top picks for the best bath towels that are ultra-absorbent, ultra-soft, and straight-up indulgent.
Our Top Picks:
- Best Overall: Brooklinen Super Plush Bath Towels (2-Pack), $79
- Best Absorbency: Saatva Plush Towels (3-Pack), $95
- Best Color Variety: Frontgate Resort Collection Bath Towel, $44
- Best Density: Boll & Branch Softest Organic Plush Bath Towel, $49
- Best Budget Set: Threshold Quick Dry Ribbed Bath Towel Set, $12
- Best Durability: Riley Spa Bath Sheet, $50
- Best Waffle: Quince Organic Turkish Waffle Towel Bundle, $80
- Best Quick-Drying: Pottery Barn Hydrocotton Organic Quick-Dry Towel, $35
All products featured on Allure are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.